Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Circadian train wreck.

2:12 am - I decided a while ago that it was time to lay down and get some rest. There is a lot to do tomorrow before work, and I've reached that "too tired to be productive, but still not sleepy" phase.  Tricia is on Skype, on the grainy, almost dark iPad screen, propped up against the pillow next to me (yes, we are THAT dorky couple), and I am pretty sure she just fell asleep.  I am still awake, learning 32 ways to decorate your home with Mason jars on Pinterest. It makes me feel almost as confident in my newly ignited passion for interior design as the previous page, where I learned 13 ways to turn wooden pallets into functional masterpieces. Oh... And I am also pretty sure I found buyers for most of my furniture today. 1 step down, 999 to go... 

7:23 am - I'm awake, and my body immediately panics and assumes I have overslept, since I didn't wake up to a blaring alarm. Miraculously, Skype didn't disconnect while I was asleep, and there is a beautiful face on my iPad, smiling back at me. I'm not sure why she is awake at 4:30 (her time), but I'm pretty sure it's related to the fact that she doesn't have the giant 3-gallon bladder of a nurse. Regardless, I'm not complaining, because she is kind of my favorite thing in the world to wake up to.  Apparently I have been "dancing to Thriller" in my sleep, and haven't been still since she woke up. 

8:05 am - My body has decided to inform me that it is no longer interested in sleeping, so I suppose that means it's time to get up. There is packing to do, garbage to take to the dumpster, laundry to be washed, and I'm kinda hungry.  I think my girlfriend is asleep again, so it's time to put the coffee on and get to work! 

Waking up the same time I am usually falling asleep should make for an interesting night at work tonight! 

15 days, 1 hour and 18 minutes! 

- Derek



No comments:

Post a Comment